We operate in a way that meets or exceed the requirements of our customers, meets legal requirements, and has a beneficial impact on the environment.
Quality Assurance Statement
"It is the policy of Altitude Aluminium to provide the highest quality of service to all its clients”.
The Company is a commercial business operating in a competitive market. The achievement of the highest standards of service is essential to the Company’s future development and financial viability.
In order to ensure that all work is carried out in a manner which provides the highest quality of service to clients, the Company has put into effect a quality system. The quality system is continually reviewed to verify its effectiveness. Management objectives are and will continue to be set to measure and improve the Company’s performance, appropriate resources are made available to ensure that our works are produced and delivered on time and to the Client’s specific requirements and in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The system complies with the requirements of BSEN ISO 9001 (2008). The Company Quality Manual outlines this system and the procedures entailed.
All staff are required to be completely familiar with and understand all procedures within the quality system that are relevant to their own work within the Company, and to comply with the requirements of all such procedures. The staff shall also be charged with identifying further improvements to all Company procedures. Recommendations made by staff will receive the whole-hearted support of the Board of Directors.
This policy statement has been adopted by a resolution of the Board of Directors dated January 2017 .
Health & Safety Statement of Intent
The Directors of Altitude Aluminium fully accept their responsibilities to their employees to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, their health, safety and welfare at work. These responsibilities are extended to any other persons who may be affected by the Company’s operations. In order to meet these obligations, the Company shall, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work which are safe and without risks to health.
- Make arrangements for ensuring the safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of our employees.
- Maintain in a condition that is safe and without risks to health, any place of work under our control.
- Provide means of access to and egress from any place of work under our control which is safe and without risks to health.
- Provide and maintain for all personnel working on behalf of Altitude Aluminium a working environment that is safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work. All persons shall be responsible for Health & Safety
- Work with team in the health and safety structure to achieve continual improvement of Occupational Health and Safety performance.
- Develop a culture and environment that promotes the prevention of injury and ill health.Comply with current Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
Communicate the Health and Safety Policy: all employees to ensure that they are made aware of their individual obligations.
Regularly assess operational performance, incident investigation reports and audit reports by management review to ensure continual improvement.
The Directors accept that health and safety are management responsibilities and will provide adequate money, time and other resources to ensure that all legal obligations are met. But in order to make this policy successful, they depend on the co-operation of all employees.
It is the statutory duty of all employees to comply with the safety policy at all times, and to act responsibly, and do everything that they can to prevent injury to themselves, other employees and the public at large.
No person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything which has been provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
Moffatt Ltd have been appointed as Competent Persons to provide health and safety assistance.
The Directors of the Company will monitor and review the operation of this policy on a regular annual basis to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the company and will display the statement, organisation and arrangements sections of the policy in prominent positions in the offices and workplace for inspection by all employees and other interested parties.
Altitude Aluminium have made a commitment to continual improvement to conform to current applicable OH&S legislation and to improve our OH&S performance and management systems, effectively and efficiently, to meet changing business and regulatory needs.
The Directors are committed to continual improvement throughout the company in all its systems and procedures, the company will establish Health and Safety objectives. In striving for continual improvements, the policy and health and safety objectives shall be periodically reviewed on an annual basis to ensure they remain relevant and appropriate to the company’s activities.
The Directors of Altitude Aluminium are resolved that the business activities of the company shall be carried out with due regard to the impacts they may have on the environment.
Senior management understand the importance of developing the environmental management system and are committed to ensuring continual improvement of the system and of the company’s performance, compliance with relevant legislation (and other applicable legal requirements) and prevention of pollution. Adequate resources will be put into all areas of the company’s operations to ensure that the services area organised and delivered with the minimum impact on the environment. It is the company’s intention to minimise losses and waste from scrap, badly planned work, poor communications and inefficient operations.
In pursuit of this policy, the Management will ensure that customer requirements are fully understood on all contracts and adequately communicated to employees in order that the environmental aspects of the work are suitably addressed.
In order to ensure that all staff understand the importance of the prevention of environmental pollution and conservation of natural resources and the effect of their activities in such areas, the company will provide appropriate training and instruction necessary and monitor its effectiveness in practice. Environmental objectives shall be set and management programmes put in place to achieve these objectives.
Altitude Aluminium are committed to meeting the requirements of Sustainable Construction through the adoption of design, procurement, construction and aftercare methodologies addressing sustainable themes such as environmental quality, social justice, and economic prosperity.
To ensure effective application of this policy, and giving due consideration to market and financial constraints Altitude Aluminium aims and objectives are to:-
- Procure only from ethical and legal sources
- Aim to avoid the use of materials and substances with hazardous properties, and processes that could cause damage to the environment and health
- Collaborate on sustainable procurement opportunities throughout the supply chain
- Promote awareness of this policy amongst employees and supply chain
- Include sustainability criteria when appointing the services of Sub-Contractors
- Influence clients and designers when specifying materials
- Encourage the reuse of materials as a first priority in preference to the purchase of new materials
- Use local suppliers and Sub-Contractors where possible to minimise the environmental impact associated with transportation
- Purchase timber that has been certified as originating from a responsibly managed forest, and verified as such (FSC certified for example)
- Ensure all members of the supply chain comply with relevant legal requirements
- Request details from Sub-Contractors regarding environmental policies, management systems, environmental breaches, and assess this information as part of our Company approval process
We recognise that the products and services we provide have both environmental and social impacts and Altitude Aluminium are committed to addressing these through our procurement procedures. Our policy for sustainable procurement is to obtain products and services that meet our customers’ needs, deliver long term value for money, maximise social and economic benefits, and minimise damage to the environment and health.
Altitude Aluminium recognises the important role it has to play in the achievement of a more sustainable future and will implement this procurement policy as an element within our overall environmental strategy.